Remove Proxmox hint in header of sent mail

Afox

Renowned Member
Dec 18, 2014
Hello,

in my header I have something like this:
Received: from mail-gateway-domain.tld (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by mail-gateway-domain.tld (Proxmox) with ESMTP id #############
for <recipient@mailaddress.tld>; Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:00:00 +0200 (CEST)

How do I remove that Proxmox hint please?

Regards,

Afox

Hi Stoiko,

This should be the 'mail_name' setting in postfix' 'main.cf'

When using the templates, do we need to carry the entire template across to update a single variable?

ie. Could we just specify the variable in need of override in /etc/pmg/templates/x.y or does the entire template need to be brought over?

When using the templates, do we need to carry the entire template across to update a single variable?
yes - you need to copy the whole template and adapt it.

If the template in the package changes you will be asked and warned that a new template is present - via ucf(1)

I hope this helps!

Reactions: linux
Is it possible to hide somehow entire:

"Received: from mail-gateway-domain.tld (localhost [127.0.0.1])
for <recipient@mailaddress.tld>; Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:00:00 +0200 (CEST)"

header?

Is it possible to hide somehow entire:

no that last part is not (sensibly) removable:
you can enable hide internal hosts in the Mail Proxy Options - then for all mail received on the internal port everything before that line will be removed (thus obscuring your internal network)
This last header is added by postfix on the way out of PMG - and is needed to prevent mail-loops

I hope this explain it.

no that last part is not (sensibly) removable:
you can enable hide internal hosts in the Mail Proxy Options - then for all mail received on the internal port everything before that line will be removed (thus obscuring your internal network)
This last header is added by postfix on the way out of PMG - and is needed to prevent mail-loops

I hope this explain it.
Thank you.
Yes, my goal is to hide my internal host names from header and even "Hide Internal Hosts" is enabled but last header still exists. I beleive this header is needed because of ESMTP id, so is it possible at least to hide local domains or change it?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!