Remove DKIM selector

Depending on what you want to achieve:
* disabling DKIM signing is best done by simply disabling it in the GUI
* if you want to use a different selector - just create a new one (the old one does not get removed)
* if you want to make sure a particular selector is not used when verifying DKIM signatures - remove the corresponding DNS-record
* if you really want to remove the file it is stored in '/etc/pmg/dkim/<selectorname>.private' - however keep in mind, that you will need to update all relay-domains' DNS entries if you want to sign them again with a different selector (meaning - make sure you have a backup)

I hope this helps!

Depending on what you want to achieve:
* disabling DKIM signing is best done by simply disabling it in the GUI
* if you want to use a different selector - just create a new one (the old one does not get removed)
* if you want to make sure a particular selector is not used when verifying DKIM signatures - remove the corresponding DNS-record
* if you really want to remove the file it is stored in '/etc/pmg/dkim/<selectorname>.private' - however keep in mind, that you will need to update all relay-domains' DNS entries if you want to sign them again with a different selector (meaning - make sure you have a backup)

I hope this helps!

Hi!

I mean deleting a selector from the PMG configuration. I added a selector with an incorrect name by accident.

I executed:

Code:
root@mgw1-0:/etc/pmg/dkim# rm default.private
root@mgw1-0:/etc/pmg/dkim#

Are there any database records I should clean up or anything?

I mean deleting a selector from the PMG configuration. I added a selector with an incorrect name by accident.
if you create a new one with the correct name then the configuration should be all right

to answer your question: the selector name is also stored in '/etc/pmg/pmg.conf' (section: admin - key dkim_selector)

I hope that helps!

if you create a new one with the correct name then the configuration should be all right

to answer your question: the selector name is also stored in '/etc/pmg/pmg.conf' (section: admin - key dkim_selector)

I hope that helps!

I wanted to fully remove the selector to avoid old, unused stuff lying around :)

This answers my question. Thanks!

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!