Relay Blacklist Optimization

A new test again with abusix (www.abusix.ai, docs.abusix.ai). They are free for personal use up to 100,000 queries. Commercial usage is much more expensive than Invaluement, so will see.

I was checking they have the free trail but did not really see the option on the free, im curious where to add to try it out?

edit: i saw it after clicking on the trail button so only home use? and as for the 100,000 queries are emails? daily?

I was checking they have the free trail but did not really see the option on the free, im curious where to add to try it out?

edit: i saw it after clicking on the trail button so only home use? and as for the 100,000 queries are emails? daily?

How good is their detection rate? Never heard of them before.

I was thinking if we possibly could create a full list of entries on github and keep them updated there.
This way distribution can be easily automated.

You can try 30 days without any limitation. You can use 100,000 queries after that for free for personal usage only. Commercial is always paid. And yes, it's daily as written in the plans view.

I was thinking if we possibly could create a full list of entries on github and keep them updated there.
This way distribution can be easily automated.

Do you mean the adjustments? I just waited for PMG 6 therefor and will soon start to document them then.

Or do you mean the blacklist check. The full list is at multirbl.valli.org, I just note here my experiences with the ones, I test(ed) yet. Sadly I started a bit later on to document here, so already recently tested ones like UCEPROTECT are not listed here.

Fixing documentation: backscatterer.org, dnsrbl.org, fmb.la, justspam.org, mailspike.net, rbldns.ru, rfc-clueless.org, s5h.net, singular.ttk.pte.hu, spfbl.net, tornevall.org, uceprotect.net, v4bl.org are out; all other list sets beside the ones already added are out as well (e.g. SORBS except escalations, SEM except bl, spamrats except noptr etc.), CBL is included in Spamhaus ZEN, inps is out and down.

I hope, I got all the missed ones now.

Do you mean the adjustments? I just waited for PMG 6 therefor and will soon start to document them then.

Or do you mean the blacklist check. The full list is at multirbl.valli.org, I just note here my experiences with the ones, I test(ed) yet. Sadly I started a bit later on to document here, so already recently tested ones like UCEPROTECT are not listed here.

This time only the blacklist entries that were tested. Maybe they can go into the same repo as for the adjustments.
Are you familiar with Ansible? Then your changes could be easily setup on new PMGs. I have a template for pmg that could serve as starting point.

This time only the blacklist entries that were tested. Maybe they can go into the same repo as for the adjustments.
Are you familiar with Ansible? Then your changes could be easily setup on new PMGs. I have a template for pmg that could serve as starting point.

My "final" recommended set for sure will go into adjustments. I just use this thread to document and inform anyone on the lists, I already tested and phased out for too many false-positives or other reasons (typical to many false-positives).

No, I'm not familiar with, as there are not only adjustments but also installations need to be performed and options chosen, I will first document all this (enough work yet) and keep everyone open to adopt that to scripts or Ansible. First this steps need to be done and I need to find rare time to do so. PMG 6 is out now, I just still saw some bugfixes coming, so once it could be considered as stable, I will start to work on. I'm unsure on PMG 6.1, which should bring new features (and adjustments I did) already directly from Proxmox, but maybe I will start earlier. As of personal reasons, I may be able to have some extra spare time in the next weeks.

A new test again with abusix (www.abusix.ai, docs.abusix.ai). They are free for personal use up to 100,000 queries. Commercial usage is much more expensive than Invaluement, so will see.

Nothing new here. I will remove all the lists again. Too much false positives on the lists, which also really catched some "bad boys" and nothing useful on the lists, which are logged rarely to none. Sad (or good), there are no new lists. So beside lists (which for sure help to kick off the most hard spam) it's most important to do content spam checking. On my private installation I really have rare spam. On my commercial installation, where I was not able yet to learn enough spam and ham, I have much more spam.

Now @heutger what are the ones in your first tier???

The most up to date list is still in my Advancing Proxmox Thread. However, I left first and second tier setup of kick and hit construction as (really rare) first tier lists also had some false positives and I checked, that most spam hit a minimum of two lists, so I set all of them to the same tier finally.

New try with bl.nosolicitado.org and bl.worst.nosolicitado.org

I already removed bl.nosolicitado.org because of too many false-positives (for sure, ESPs and newsletters may be considered as bulk, but if ordered or legal subscribed, they should also not be suppressed), will continue with bl.worst.nosolicitado.org, however, got no hits yet.

I currently try dnsbl.beetjevreemd.nl, which looks fine, if it works. On one system it works well, on the other, I'm unable to get use of, I always get SERVFAIL also on the test address 127.0.0.2 (or for sure to be used in reverse order).

I also try black.dnsbl.brukalai.lt and light.dnsbl.brukalai.lt. First one has too much false positives, so I will remove it again, second one currently looks fine, however low volume of hits. Will continue to try.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!