Rejecting I/O to offline device

debolaz

Jul 10, 2009
Just now, a proxmox server (Ie, not a vm) we've got running here stopped working. Looking at the screen output through the DRAC management card, I saw this message being flooded across it:

Code:
sd 0:1:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device
Googling the error, it seems like the kernel for some reason removed a disk from the system. I have however no idea why, and I don't think it's a genuine hardware error. What I want to know though, is how I go about debugging this problem? Is there anything I can enable to capture the original error, etc? Or some magic switch I might try to prevent the problem from occuring?

I'll try to enable remote logging of kernel messages and provide more details if it happens again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!