Reinstalling cluster master server without losing users, passwords and rights ?

Nakata

Renowned Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,

i have 3 servers setup with Proxmox 3.1
master node (version 3.1-3/dc0e9b0e)
node2 (version 3.1.-21/93bf03d4)
node3 (version 3.1.-21/93bf03d4)

need to reconfigure raid array on master server
as there are defined users and password on master node, i'd like to keep them.

Is it possible to backup whole master config somehow, reinstall proxmox and put master config back ? If so will there be a problem if on master node will be installed newer version of 3.1 or for example 3.2 ?

i have reinstalled nodes successfully in past according http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_Cluster, but no cluster master ,,,
There is "Delete and recreate a cluster configuration" but imo this will wipe existing users
[h=3][/h]
Regards
RH

no master anymore in pve clusters, is multi-master (each member node knows and can do everything).

if cluster config is good, you can shutdown the troubled node, even reinstall it, rejoin (see wiki before doing it)

Marco

no, afaik,
you can also recreate it from scratch with same node name (remember to remove it before reinstall!), I guess.
in this way it's just a new node, all *local* configs must be re-created, if needed.

I'm not an expert, though. :)

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!