Reimport ZFS drives

Joran_C

Sep 27, 2020
I reinstalled proxmox and had all my VM's on a ZFS disk and i can see my VM's in the cli but how can a readd or reuse them? Or cna i export that said disk?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-193229.jpg
    Screenshot_20200927-193229.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 24
Thats only the vm disks, you are still missing the configs containg all the information. They are normally stored under /etc/pve/qemu/

But you can create a new vm and attach the disks. Add the zpool first under "Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> ZFS"

Thats only the vm disks, you are still missing the configs containg all the information. They are normally stored under /etc/pve/qemu/

But you can create a new vm and attach the disks. Add the zpool first under "Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> ZFS"

How do i attach the disk? Sorry for my noob question

How do i attach the disk? Sorry for my noob question

First add your pool so proxmox knows about it "Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> ZFS"

Then create a new VM, edit the vm "VM -> Hardware" remove the created disk during setup and add the old disk from your pool.

First add your pool so proxmox knows about it "Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> ZFS"

Then create a new VM, edit the vm "VM -> Hardware" remove the created disk during setup and add the old disk from your pool.

Yes i was able to add the disk but my question was how do u readd my vm disk? I only can create a new one?

Yes i was able to add the disk but my question was how do u readd my vm disk? I only can create a new one?

The disk should be listed as "unused disk" in "vm -> hardware -> add"

Otherwise you can always edit the vm config manually "/etc/pve/qemu/vmid.conf" and just add it there.

The disk should be listed as "unused disk" in "vm -> hardware -> add"

Otherwise you can always edit the vm config manually "/etc/pve/qemu/vmid.conf" and just add it there.

Ohw i just noticed the VM ids of the disks are not the same as the VM ids , could this interfere?

Ohw i just noticed the VM ids of the disks are not the same as the VM ids , could this interfere?

dunno might create problems when you create a new vm with the existing drive id.

i would rename the vdev for consistency anyway "zfs rename ZFS_HDD/vm-xxx-disk-x ZFS_HDD/vm-xxx-disk-x"

Reactions: Joran_C
dunno might create problems when you create a new vm with the existing drive id.

i would rename the vdev for consistency anyway "zfs rename ZFS_HDD/vm-xxx-disk-x ZFS_HDD/vm-xxx-disk-x"

Yes that was the problem renamed them an did a "qm rescan" and it showed up! thank you very much

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!