Reg. Proxmox Email Gateway Hostname.

Oct 26, 2019
Dear Support/Friends,

I am now using the community subscription of Proxmox Email Gateway.

Whats my doubt is whether we can put internet routable Hostname for the Proxmox Email Gateway or we have to put * .local as hostname .If yes what are the reasons?

Regards,
Liju

yes, you can and should use a real hostname, why do you think you should configure a *.local hostname?

Dear Dominik,

In one youtube video for Proxmox VE, (during initial setup) I had been taught that its recommend we should choose non routable hostnames as FQDN hostname.

Also I found another scenario when I put my relay address (acually local ip) as Internet routable FQDN.,my zimbra server is attempting to sent email to the publoc ip instead of local ip.Even if local ip and this FQDN is added to the local DNS server and Hostname file.

If we want to change the hostname in Proxmox email gateway what are the procedures for that.Is there any certificate need to update or so?

Regards,
Liju

If we want to change the hostname in Proxmox email gateway what are the procedures for that.Is there any certificate need to update or so?
change the hostname ( man hostname, edit /etc/hostname ), adapt the /etc/hosts file and regenerate the certificates with 'pmgconfig apicert -force' and 'pmgconfig tlscert -force'

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!