Redirect Mail with certain properties to another mail adress

carsten2

Mar 25, 2017
Is it possible to redirecft a mail with certain properties, e.g. where the sender or subject matches a certain pattern to another email adress?

E.g. I have subscription to mailing lists, which I want to redirect to dedicated shared mail boxes. Another example is temporary redirection to a certain user because of illness or posting it to a shared group mailbox.

If yes, how to do it, because there is no "Redirect"-Action available.

I believe that this is possible as I set up something similar for another scenario. I had a need to redirect all the mail from a domain to another email address as I was taking the backend server offline.

Under the WHO OBJECTS, I created an entry that listed the domain I wanted to redirect, though it will let you do either an email address and also a regular expression.

Under the ACTION OBJECTS, I created an entry that would BCC the incoming email to the specified address

Finally, under MAIL FILTER, I created an entry that monitored inbound traffic to look for said domain and when something was received that matched it would BLOCK the email from being passed through and instead BCC the assigned address.

From this, I can see how you would do it for say a specific sender or user but I am not sure how you would match to details of the received email itself though playing with regular expressions should get you what you want.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!