Redirect domain to container defined on ip+port

leodom

Renowned Member
Jul 25, 2015
Moorea Island
Hello !
A dedicated server under proxmox 3 is hosting some containers, with 1 IP for all.

Till now I was using registrar redirections to point domain names to containers
domain.tld -> a.b.c.d : port and it works great for my limited need. (keep it simple when it works)

Now, I have to link a peculiar domain name whose registrar have just a basic dns config, and I can't use easy redirects.

So i was looking for hints on how to create a config in the (yet ) empty /etc/apache2 directory
to be able to redirect that domain name to the right container, which can be accessed already using IP : port ( /etc/network/interfaces working fine, i just now copy and adapt a valid section to install a new port/container, did that so long ago seems somebody else set it up)

I researched and found enough links on apache vhost configs to get lost, mostly due to fact that the /etc/apache2 is empty so any guidance would be great!

Thanks for considering !
Dom

PS had to put space between ip and port because of stupid smiley getting in the way IP:port

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!