Recover from stuck live migration

ejmerkel

Sep 20, 2012
I was in the process of migrating all VM's from a server running pve 7.1-11 to 7.1-12 so I could update it. It migrated several VM's and then stopped and the server turned to a grey question mark. It has been about a half hour and it doesn't appear like the migration is still progressing. All of the VM's on the server are running but my question is what should I do to recover from this? I am hoping not to have to reboot all the VM's or take them offline.

Thanks!
Eric

Could you provide the complete task log as well as the journal/syslog for that time (shortly before starting the migration until now).

The problem was an orphaned multi-path device that likely occurred during volume deactivation. I've manually cleaned up the device paths, and the system is now operating normally.

Reactions: mira

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!