Recommended way to install crowdsec with iptables bouncer?

racitup

Dec 9, 2021
It looks as though the debian bullseye (11) repo only has the main crowdsec package and not any additional packages like the firewall bouncer.
The main crowdsec install script also doesn't detect proxmox 7 as a debian bullseye distro.

I have managed to install a bouncer using the below, but is this the recommended way?

Bash:
wget https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/crowdsec/crowdsec/script.deb.sh
chmod u+x script.deb.sh
os=debian dist=11 ./script.deb.sh
apt install crowdsec
apt install crowdsec-firewall-bouncer-iptables

Modify the files below with LAPI IP and port:
nano /etc/crowdsec/config.yaml
nano /etc/crowdsec/local_api_credentials.yaml
nano /etc/crowdsec/bouncers/crowdsec-firewall-bouncer.yaml
systemctl restart crowdsec
systemctl restart crowdsec-firewall-bouncer

Reactions: farmhouseadmin
Hey, I am head of community at CrowdSec. Thanks for bringing this up :)

I am afraid there's no recommend way (although we link to a manual installation procedure if the script doesn't work, like in your case). Other than that, I heard from other users that they just modify the script and point to the right repos to be written in the sources.list file. Whatever wotks for you, I'd say.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'll be happy to help!

/klaus

Hey, that's awesome. Thanks! If you're not already on our Discord I'd suggest you join at https://discord.gg/crowdsec. There's already a few other Proxmox users so why not use the synergy of that? Let me know if you want a dedicated Proxmox channel - it'd be happy to set one up.

Regarding packagecloud it looks to me like we need to modify the script. Devs are on the Discord as well so that would be an easy way to get to them. Let me know if you want me to facilitate contact for some reason.

Have an awesome day!

Hey, that's awesome. Thanks! If you're not already on our Discord I'd suggest you join at https://discord.gg/crowdsec. There's already a few other Proxmox users so why not use the synergy of that? Let me know if you want a dedicated Proxmox channel - it'd be happy to set one up.

Regarding packagecloud it looks to me like we need to modify the script. Devs are on the Discord as well so that would be an easy way to get to them. Let me know if you want me to facilitate contact for some reason.

Have an awesome day!
I didn't known about the discord,thanks !
I'm a bit busy this week, I'll try to connect to discord Friday.

Reactions: klausagnoletti

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!