Recommended disk layout for manual installation on debian

KobiP

Feb 12, 2019
Hello,

for some reasons I can't boot the 5.3 iso on my Gigabyte BLPD-5005 Brix (Black Screen with a white dash on the upper left). But as I can boot the Debian Strech 9.6 Image (or the Ubuntu 18.04) I decided to do a manual install as described in the Wiki. But what is the recommended disk layout for Proxmox? Is there somewhere a description that I missed?

- What Partitions do I need
- What Folders do I mount where

Of course this is highly depending on my setup, but what would the Proxmox ISO Installer do?

My PC has a 1TB SSD (NVMe) where all the Proxmox related things shall go to. On the 2.5" HDD 2TB backups of Proxmox and TV recordings will be put.

Cheers,

KobiP

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!