Recommendation for best NVME config for Mini Computer for PM VE

mylesw

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2011
I am looking to purchase a couple of Minisforum MS-01 systems for a small PM VE cluster, and they have support in the boxes for up to 3 x NVME drives, and I'm looking at options to configure these. I can get 96GB of memory in each box, but would like to have 4TB or more of storage per box as well. Given the fact these are going to be colocated at a facility that I will rarely visit, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for best practices for the storage setup for these?

I'm thinking ZFS, but should I have a seperate NVME boot disk and then ZFS mirror the other two, or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!