Recommend a Monitoring Tool/VM for HW Raid

FlashPan

Oct 22, 2023
Hello,

1st week into dipping my toes with my first Proxmox (8.0.4)

I originally setup with ZFS with a dell perc H730 in HBA mode (in a HP Z640) but after reading that ZFS can be a killer of consumer SSDS (I cannot afford to buy enterprise) am now trying mirrored raid for my Samsung Evo SSDs (edit - am using HW riad with ext4)

Proxmox itself is working well and of course as am using raid, monitoring of the drives/raid is not happening.

I've managed to get MegaCLI (command line tool) installed on Proxmox but this only works when running commands manually in shell.

I thought I might be able to install the MegaRAID app on a networked PC but this cannot find the raid card. At first I thought the proxmox firewall might be blocking as the MegaRAID doc state is uses 5571 or 3071 as multicast listening ports but I cannot be 100%.

So now my thoughts are turning to using something else....and that is that question.

What alternative monitoring/alerting can I use? Or if you have a idea on how to get MegaRAID to see the perc that can be good as well.

Thanks and cheers

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!