[SOLVED] Reboot in emergency mode not accepting password

Forssux

Mar 27, 2022
Hi there,

After performing some upgrades, I noticed that the server didn't came back online. I was abroad at that time.
Now I see via the iDRAC console that I have a ACPI error: No handler for Region[SYSI] 00000000f42c25ab [IPMI.
When I try to log in I wont accept my xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx long password.

Is there anyway to reverse the upgrades, or does somebody have an Idea why It wont accept my password?

thanks for reading already,
Guy

WebKVM often uses other keyboard layouts. So you are possibly typing in a correct password but this results in a wrong password because of wrong keymapping.

Also check for Capslock.

Reactions: Forssux
WebKVM often uses other keyboard layouts. So you are possibly typing in a correct password but this results in a wrong password because of wrong keymapping.

Also check for Capslock.
You where right again. It seems I can only login with the actual used azerty keyboard at the server not with iDRAC. Does a method exist to see what you're inputting?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!