[SOLVED] Realtek RTL 8125B

hi,

we have 5.11 kernel available on the testing repository

I'm sorry
but I can't find this link
could you identify the post in which he writes about it
or write this link here

Code:
echo "deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve buster pvetest" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pvetest.list
apt update
apt install pve-kernel-5.11
reboot

Reactions: vipTelnet
thanks, the linix kernel has been updated
Will the Realtek RTL 8125B network card work? I'll write later

After updating the kernel, the network itself did not start, in order for it to work, I looked up the name of the new network interface through the command
ip addr
and after that I made changes to the file /etc/network/interfaces
Replacing there everywhere the old name with a new one
After that, the network started

Everything is working now thanks for the help

Reactions: Sweets
you're welcome! please mark the thread as [SOLVED] so others know what to expect

For anyone who previously had manually installed the rtl 8125B: I updated to the new 5.11 kernel after updating to 6.4, but the interface doesn't show up in 'ip addr show'. I realized that I had put 8169 on the /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf. Once I took that off and rebooted, I was able to add the correct interface like the user above. Network works!

Reactions: Sweets and oguz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!