read only file system error

mm580486

May 2, 2020
my vms get this errors and cant run any vm in my proxmox please help me :eek:

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 6.52.51 PM.png

i now restarted multiple time (why :)))) ) server and fixed now but i scary this problem repeat again

You should check the storage on your pve host. Looks like vdisk inside the guest becomes read-only, which can have a number of reasons. One of the more common issues is, that the volume on the pve host has become full and thus no new data can be written to it.

i got this error again in last day i removed one vm for freed hard but still my vms get this error today

For a start, have you checked the logs on your pve host? If no start with /var/log/messages and look for any storage-error.

i got this error again in last day i removed one vm for freed hard but still my vms get this error today

If you freed space on your harddisk, this error on your guest does not go away automatically without manual interaction. First, you need to check if you have free space , next you have to reboot (or better stop and restart) the VM in question and see it it works again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!