read backup from a zfs pool

Andrea Carnevali

Mar 8, 2017
Hello everybody.
I should read some data from a disk with zfs filesystem that was part of a raid 1. I read the zfs disk by attaching it via usb and importing the pool via the zpool import command.
I found an error related to the name of the pool because it was already present and so I used the command: zpool import rpool rpool2 -f
I wanted to understand why I can only see the rpool2 folder with only the data and ROOT folder inside.
Inside ROOT I have the pve-1 folder but I can't see it.
I don't see anything inside.

The data is there because if I do a df - I see the percentage of the disk used.

Do I have to do another operation to read the zfs disk?

Andrew.

The mountpoint property of a ZFS filesystem determines where that filesystem is mounted. The mountpoint of rpool2/ROOT/pve-1 is probably still set to /, which is already in use. Can you reset this property to default with zfs inherit mountpoint rpool2/ROOT/pve-1? Then the files should appear under rpool2/ROOT/pve-1/ after another export and import of rpool2.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!