Reach Proxmox Host via 2 different Networks ?

gtrdriver

Nov 27, 2020
Hi all

Here ia have A Proxmox installation on a Dedicated Server within a Datacenter (Hetzner) - so far so good - everything works fine...

The Server has:

- 1 Physical NIC
- 1 public IP Address
- Hangs on a Switching System wich Allows to interconnect more physical Servers with a Virtual VLAN
- Several VLAN´s wich are putrough the Virtual Machines by adding the VLAN Tag ID to the VM´s virtual NIC

Currently i can reach the Proxmox Host (Webinterface and SSH) only by the public IP Address wich also works fine.

My goal and the reason for my Post here is to Reach the Proxmox Host also by a internal network IP (192.168.50.x) wich is on a Vlan (4001)

I have tryed several things - and added a Additional Bridge:

Code:
auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
<------>address 192.168.50.10/24
<------>bridge-ports enp9s0.4001
<------>bridge-stp off
<------>bridge-fd 0

This brings the Proxmox also to the 192.168.50.x Network on VLAN 4001 but only localy (within the VLAN)
The Router (192.168.50.1) can ping the Host - but when i do a VPN Connect to this Router im not able to ping the proxmox host (192.168.50.10)
I Think the REason is the missing Gateway (192.168.50.1) but as far i know is not possible to add a Additional Gateway ?

Is there any way to slove this issue ?

My goal is to Reach the Proxmox also via VPN over the Router

Best regards

Last edited:
You cannot set a second default route from Proxmox via 192.168.50.1.
But you could add a static route to your VPN network via 192.168.50.1 on the Proxmox host. Then the reply packets will know where to travel back to your VPN clients.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!