Re-installing a cluster node

svennd

Renowned Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hey,

I have used proxmox before the proper way of implementing ZFS, so what I did instead was a 'very bad' substitute. I have a 4 disk machine of which I created 1 -system disk, proxmox- and added storage zfs directory (3 other disk are a zfs pool raid 5). Now I updated to the latest version, that includes ZFS of its own, and I fear a reboot will break more then I would like that and I would like to replace my installation with a raid 10 zfs. Now I found the article on the wiki : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster#Re-installing_a_cluster_node Does this work even when the total storage space will be different ? Are there other pitfall I should try to avoid while reinstalling this node from the cluster ?

thx,

Svenn

Hi,
the files what your are backup contains only information about the cluster.
so yes it will work with different disk size.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!