Randomly start VM on boot

obrador

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I configured a 2-node cluster with proxmox 2.0. What happens is that on one node all of the kvm Virtual Machines some times doesn't start at boot (and they are marked to start at boot), it's quite random, but it seems that if the second node is off-line, none of the VM starts, but if the second node is on, all the VM starts corectly... I need to test more, but I'm annoyed about that. Any ideas? is this normal?

Jaume.

But it doesn't happen with the other server.

To better explain I'll name both servers as A and B. I tested to reboot both servers at same time and one of them (B) started all VM and the other (A) none of them (surely because node B was not started). It's always the same server (A) that is unable to auto start VM at boot. If the node B is already running, server A is able to auto start all of their VM.

Is there any conf to set the number of required nodes for quorum?

Many thanks in advance.
Jaume.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!