Random segfaults within VM but memory looks good ?

Golum

Apr 18, 2022
I'm getting about 1-2 random segfaults per week in all kind of processes.

It happens in different qemu VM's, hasn't been on the proxmox host itself or in LXC containers yet.

I did run Memtest multiple times now in total for over 24hours and had 0 errors.

It's also kinda weird since it's a system I build in December 2022 and the random segfaults started around April.

Anything similar known, could there be an issue with qemu ? I already disabled ballooning.

My last option is to RMA the RAM but I don't think it's a hardware issue.

Hi,
do I understand correctly that the segfault happens for different processes that are running within the guest VMs? Please share the output of pveversion -v and qm config <ID> for (some of) the affected VMs. What kernels are the guests running?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!