Random Reboots

fantaxp7

Renowned Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hello,

I have been getting multiple reboots a day since installing proxmox to a new system I put together. I am having a hard time understanding why. I tried booting into system rescue cd and that was stable for 3 days straight.

proxmox-ve: 5.1-42
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz x2

Not sure what else to post.

Thanks

Hi,
Do you have any hints in the syslog?

Hi,

Facing the same issue since 1 week.

proxmox-ve: 5.1-51
48 x AMD EPYC 7401P 24-Core Processor (1 Socket)

Do let me know how to address this issue.

Hi,

Facing the same issue since 1 week.

proxmox-ve: 5.1-51
48 x AMD EPYC 7401P 24-Core Processor (1 Socket)

Do let me know how to address this issue.

It's a Hetzner machine?

Just disable c-state in bios and update it to the latest version.

Hi,
Do you have any hints in the syslog?

Hello,

I've just run dmesg and noticed this:

[ 0.364079] ACPI Error: [\_SB_.PRAD] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170531/psargs-364)
[ 0.364139] ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_GPE._L24, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170531/psparse-550)
[ 0.364194] ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND, while evaluating GPE method [_L24] (20170531/evgpe-646)

Thanks

It's a Hetzner machine?

Just disable c-state in bios and update it to the latest version.
Hi,
Yes. I got in touch with the support team and got a reply that if we update the BIOS to the latest version the issue will be fixed.
And updated the BIOS to latest version F07b, they confirmed this will fix the issue. Need to wait for a couple of days and check it out.
Will post again the results after few days.

Thank you for your support as well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!