Random initramfs errors on VM (Ubunut 16.04/PVE5.2-1)

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by bferrell, Jan 15, 2019.

1. bferrell

bferrell New Member

I am getting periodic VM lockups, and when I reboot I get an initramfs error. I have no idea why this is happening, and I can rollback to the most recent snapshot, but I worry that eventually it's going to bite me.

Attached Files:

2. sb-jw

sb-jw Active Member

What PVE Version you running? What Task is running at the moment when the VM is locked? Are other VMs affected? What Storage you use? What shows your Monitoring? What do you see in your metrics?

3. bferrell

bferrell New Member

Like I mention in the title, I'm running 5.2-1, and no, no other VMs on this host or on the cluster are affected. Very low utilization on the Node. It was running on local storage, but I moved it to an NFS mount on a FreeNAS share. It's a media wiki instance, with very little utlization, but I've not been on the guest looking when it happens, I just find that it has locked the next time I access it, when it reports the file system is read-only and it hangs on reboot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice