RAID1 ZFS on a Super Micro H11SSL-i not Boot option

cpulove

Jul 12, 2024

Hi,

I recieved a new MB combo with Epyc 7402 and Super Micro Board.

I did some tests with Proxmox on a single Nvme Drive with no problems and now ran into problems switching to RAID1 (ZFS).

I have two identical 256GB Nvme drives and I am able to install Proxmox via Gui Raid1 (ZFS).

Installation runs flawless, data is there and all two SSDs have the 3 partitions like it should be (ckecked it with a debian live linux).

Unfortunately I am not able to boot from this RAID1, as the board does not show me a boot option for it.
I do not even see the two devices in bios anymore, after installation.

Not sure where the problem is located. Maybe the board bios setting? I did not find a way to get it as a boot device.

Ideas or help would be nice.

H11SSL-i | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Last edited:
I figured it out. I had to switch Pcie from "Nvme Vendor Support" to "AMI Native Support" in Bios and then the drives showed up and boot into Proxmox as it should.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!