RAID on ProLian DL320e Gen8 V2

Hello,

No, Proxmox V3.2 doesn't support for RAID. In Proliant DL320e having the RAID, Controller P220i gives the good choice of wizard-driven configuration called "HP Array Configuration Utility" i.e just press F5 during the controller BIOS message and simple RAID configuration called "Option ROM Configuration for Arrays Utility" i.e just Press F8 during controller BIOS message. We recommend selecting "Option ROM Configuration for Arrays Utility". It will start much faster and is easier to use when configuring a single logical Disk.

I have a few DL380 G7, so I'm going to presume that the built-in RAID controller has no option for JBOD, like mine. You've got two options for RAID on these HP blades when using Proxmox/Debian -

1) Set each drive to be a single RAID 0 on the controller so that the OS will see each one, and then software RAID these individual drives.
2) Buy a separate RAID controller that does support JBOD and ignore the integrated controller altogether.

I went with option #2, as the first one seemed more of a hack and (presumably) harder to maintain. I got a few really nice Adaptec PCIx4 cards for $30 apiece through Ebay. Let me know if you want the specifics.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!