Quorum Disk Configuration for Two-node Clusters

Hello, I've added a section to the two-node cluster configuration notes concerning setting up a quorum disk backed by iSCSI. Check it out at: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster

I would appreciate feedback if anyone attempts this. We have used this procedure internally, but who knows what you may find ;)

Very useful tutorial! Thanks to share it but i have question, if we shutdown the 3' server (the iSCSI server for quorum lun) how is managed from the two proxmox node?
Sorry for my stupid question but I cant test this configuration.
Sincerely

Dimi,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. If you read through the wiki page again you'll see that I note
In essence, any one of your three devices will be able to be down at a given time, one of your two nodes, or your block device. Having two down at the same time could cause problems.

The cluster should act very similar to a 3 node cluster in that it is expecting 3 votes total, but 2 votes is enough to establish a quorum. So you can shutdown any one of the 3, but if you shutdown 2 then you may have problems.

Dimi,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. If you read through the wiki page again you'll see that I note

The cluster should act very similar to a 3 node cluster in that it is expecting 3 votes total, but 2 votes is enough to establish a quorum. So you can shutdown any one of the 3, but if you shutdown 2 then you may have problems.

Hi Jag
Thanks i now understood i want try this solution soon as possible.
Sincerely

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!