Question / Documentation improvement: Location to add Proxmox no-subscription repositories

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by AndreasAC, May 16, 2019.

1. AndreasAC

AndreasAC New Member

Hi there,

in the Wiki it is recommended that the no-subscription repository be added directly to sources.list, whereas for enterprise, it is recommended to create a .list file in the sources.list.d folder. Is there a particular reason why the community repository should not be added in the sources.list.d folder? If not, where can I get a wiki account to change the information there?

Kind regards
    AndreasAC

2. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Why do you want to change the location? We simply prefer the .list file.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasAC

AndreasAC New Member

I would like the no-subscription repo to use this approach as well, if there is no downside to this, but the documentation currently recommends adding it to sources.list.

4. dietmar

dietmar Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Feel free to do that, it should work. Besides, I see no reason to change the docs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AndreasAC

AndreasAC New Member

Okay, thanks for the reply :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice