question: because virtual machines are blocked

Proxmoxgoogle

Mar 21, 2017
I have a doubt

I had a problem when backing up a virtual machine the error in the log was

ERROR: Backup of VM 101 failed - command 'qm set 101 --lock backup' failed: exit code 255 Reading in the forum I found the solution, I had to put the command I try to create a backup of the container (LXC) in my Proxmox and I receive the error: INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 206 --node myserver --mode snapshot --storage backups-stor --remove 0 --compress lzo INFO: Starting Backup of VM 206 (lxc) INFO: status = running ERROR: Backup of VM 206 failed - CT is locked (backup) INFO: Backup job finished with errors TASK ERROR: job errors

I searched the Internet and found the tips with the command: qm unlock <VM ID>

My question is why is the virtual machine blocked? is a question that helps me understand the operation sorry for my bad English

For LXC its
Code:
pct unlock <id>
and the reason for the lock is simple, backup failed while vm has been locked and you have to manually unlock it to check whats up with it.

Reactions: Proxmoxgoogle

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!