Question about running Kubernetes on Proxmox with PV

Yadave

Feb 5, 2023
Hi All,
Just set up Kubernetes cluster using proxmox (with Kubeadm) for the office lab, looking for best practices for the following issues working with a cluster of three physical machines.
Dell 740 - Xeon gold 40cores ,376G Ram,8T (1.9g 6Gb SSD each)
Dell 620 - Xeon 24cores ,125G Ram,3.6T(900g SAS 10k each)
Dell 610 - Xeon 12cores,125G Ram,3.6T(600g SAS 10k each)
- How many VM K8S workers are set up on each machine (one with the most resources or a few or split it for a few VM)
- What is the number of VM control plans I should have (one for each machine)?
- How should K8s persistent volumes be configured (this is not prod env so best performance will be better)?
- Do you have any recommendations on how to set up and configure proxmox networking with k8s?
If there is any tip or any experience kindly share it.
Thanks.

• Proxmox cluster with those 3 physical servers
  • create 10 VM
  • 3 VM with LoadBalancer (Haproxy + keepalived), on each of them, BUT , you can install this stuff on your controle plane VM ...
  • then 3 VM (not CT) master node (control-plane), on each of them,
  • Endfully 3 VM (not CT) worker nodes , on each.
  • 1 VM for NFS storage server (but if you are an hero ... cluster storage file system : Gfs , CEPH ... be carreful with CEPH you need 10GB min. network between you 3 physical server)
LoadBalancer view (Haproxy):

Capture d’écran du 2023-02-05 11-18-57.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer.
Could you please briefly let me know how you set up the NFS server,I mean how did you group all storage from each node for sharing?
BTY
If I have a few k8s env with intensive read/write to DB (postgres) pods, still NFS I good choice?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!