Question about Backup Proxmox Hosts

debi@n

Nov 12, 2015
Málaga,Spain
Hi, i read the documentation about the procedure. but i have a question about..
Code:
Caution
Please note that the proxmox-backup-client does not automatically include mount points.
 Instead, you will see a short skip mount point notice for each of them.
 The idea is to create a separate file archive for each mounted disk. 
You can explicitly include them using the --include-dev option (i.e. --include-dev /boot/efi). You can use this option multiple times
 for each mount point that should be included.

When i do the back up about proxmox VE i can see that some " skipping mount point", should i include every directory with the option --include-dev ?
i want a full backup about the system in case of disaster i can restore it.
Code:
Output:
skipping mount point: "dev"
skipping mount point: "etc/pve"
skipping mount point: "proc"
skipping mount point: "run"
skipping mount point: "sys"
skipping mount point: "var/lib/lxcfs"

Cheers

Sorry for bringing this one back from the death. But I am currently preparing for my upgrade to PVE 8.0 and one requirement as stated in https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_7_to_8 is to backup all files in /etc/pve.
Now I just realized that my host backup has skipped /etc/pve ever since I set it up, and according to this post this is by design. Given this, how do I get to /etc/pve if ever I need the files?

Great, that makes sense. /var/lib/pve-cluster/config.db is the file in question, right?
Given that my db is small, I will add /etc/pve so it's easier to get to individual files.

Thank you for your prompt response!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!