[SOLVED] Quarantine login with local user

Jun 7, 2020
Hello,

unless I am missing something it currently not possible to login onto the quatantine interface (https://yourip:8006/quarantine) with a local user, right? The only login options are via ticket (link in quarantine email) or via LDAP user (but of course not everyone has LDAP authentication set up).
I think it would be really helpful if you could create local users and assign them email addresses that they are allowed to manage (so that one user login could see the quarantine for multiple addresses if they happen to have more than one address).
This would have the benefit that users could manage their own quarantine via web interface without having to wait for the next quarantine digest email (e.g. if they are urgently waiting for an email). Currently, (I think - correct my if I am wrong) this is only possible by either clicking on the link in an old quarantine email and maybe saving the link + ticket as a bookmark (which feels kinda wrong tbh ;)) or, if you are the admin, logging onto the admin interface in via the root user (which sadly doesn't really work on mobile)

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
SImon

Yes, this is the option I was looking for. Seem to have missed it when going through the documentation.

Thank you very much!

Hi, what is the "quarantinelink" ? how can I enable this option ?
as said above by adding it to the spamquar section of /etc/pmg/pmg.conf:
Code:
section: spamquar
    authmode ticket
    quarantinelink 1

@Stoiko Ivanov , thanks very much. I just tried, and found there is new button named "Request Quarantine Link" showing in the login page now, click this button will popup a input window, just input the email address and then click "Ok", this email address received an email with subject: "Proxmox Mail Gateway - Quarantine Link".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!