Quarantine emails disappear upon release

acasohp

Dec 25, 2023
I configured the Mail Gateway to sanitize incoming messages for my Exchange 2019, basically I'm using the default configurations, I just adjusted the filter settings below:

Mailproxy
Default Relay: IP Exchange 2019
Relay Domain: mydomain.com
DNSBL Sites: dnsbl.spfbl.net,dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net,truncate.gbudb.net

Mail Filter
Quarantine Spam (Level 7)

Everything is working perfectly, emails with a Score above 7 are going to quarantine as they should, but I'm having trouble releasing the quarantined messages, when I click on deliver the message displays the message "deliver successful", but the message disappears, and is not delivered to the Exchange user's mailbox, could anyone tell me what could be wrong?

On the firewall, ports TCP 25 and 26 are open
DMZ to LAN
LAN to DMZ
DMZ to WAN

Good relay messages are being delivered normally, only the quarantine messages that appear when released

Everything is working perfectly, emails with a Score above 7 are going to quarantine as they should, but I'm having trouble releasing the quarantined messages, when I click on deliver the message displays the message "deliver successful", but the message disappears, and is not delivered to the Exchange user's mailbox, could anyone tell me what could be wrong?
Check the logs of PMG and the Exchange server - they will tell you what happened to the mail

Reactions: acasohp
Hi Stoiko
You were right, the error appears in the Exchange logs: 550 5.2.1 Message deleted by the transport rules agent.
Now I'm going to research how to resolve this block in Exchange
If you have any ideas, I'd be grateful

So far the number of Spam has been reduced considerably, by resolving this problem I can request approval to purchase the Business license.

Attachments

• Error_Exchange.PNG
    Error_Exchange.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I found the problem, in Exchange there was a Domain Forgery Prevention rule created, I added the Proxmox IP to the exception, and the quarantine messages started to work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!