Quadro PCI Error 43

theuser

Sep 23, 2019
Hi,

Since weeks i'm tying to passthrough diffrent NVIDIA Quadro Cards (P400, P620 and P1000) to a Win10 VM.
The machine is SeaBIOS and gives me the following error when I try to launch the VM:
Code:
failed getting region info for VGA region index 8: Invalid argument
device does not support requested feature x-vga

When I disable "primary-GPU" the machine boots but I get the NVIDIA 43 driver not loaded error.
I did some research which revealed that this error is common on NVIDA consumer cards but shouldnt't happen on the Quadro line?

What do I need to change in order to make my machine boot or to preferably bypass the 43 error?

Thanks

Error 43 is just a generic error code for "something went wrong, but we don't know what". Blame NVIDIA for that one.

Have you tried booting the VM with OVMF/UEFI?

Hi Stefan

Yes I've tried the OVMF/UEFI and it worked but only with the PCI-E device set to primary-GPU.
So this is the only way to get it working and I have to reinstall all my vm as UEFI?

Thanks

So this is the only way to get it working and I have to reinstall all my vm as UEFI?

Pretty much. I've heard of some VGA cards working with SeaBIOS, but most GPUs only work with OVMF as the guest BIOS/UEFI implementation.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!