qemu config fiels lost

keyjey

Dec 19, 2010
Hi, I just did this and lost my VMs config files. I totally forgot how proxmox works (2 years working with this great software):

mv /etc/pve/nodes/old.name/ /etc/pve/nodes/new.name/

Also, this is a unique server yet, so there's no copy of this files except for the last backup (2 days ago).

It's just 3 VMs, but to restore the configs I would need th mac addresses of every VM (to make this easier)

Also, any way to see the console and know easily the mac addreesses of every VM ? If not, I will have to spend some hours restoring the backups.

Thanks ! :)

Hi,

are they running?

this could help:
Code:
brctl showmacs <vmbr#>

If they are on LVM or RAW-file:
snapshot, kpartx, mount and look in the config (for Windows you would need to export SYSTEM registry, for Linux udev rules)

Do you can give more details?

esco

Hi, they are not running :(

I have 2 x win2k3 and 2 x linux.

All of them are in LVM volume.

At the moment am creating a new VM with similar hardrware and later I will modify the config, will be faster than restoring backups.

Well, hosts are UP for 20 minutes now. I could get the main config from the main firewall access and then the rest (MACs) was fast and easy, since same firewall gave me the rest of the info needed :)

Thanks a lot for your celerity, escoread :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!