Qcow2 import dracut timeout error

pilgrimage

Oct 17, 2021
I imported the appliance proxmox in qcow2 format named Hpe OneView and then added the VM I created. However, when I run the VM, I get the following error. The VM opens but does not run. How can I solve this problem?

Warring Dracut-initqueue timeout script

Warring:

/dev/mapper/vg01-lv_root does not exist
/dev/vg01/lv_root does not exist
/dev/vg01/lv_swap does not exist

I imported qcow2 proxmox of Hpe Oneview with the steps in the link. Where could I have made a mistake?

https://ostechnix.com/import-qcow2-into-proxmox/

thankyou.

Attachments

• proxmox hata.png
    proxmox hata.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 6
I have same problem, did you solve this?
E1:
Code:
A start job is runnin for dev-mapp...device (23h 20min 40sec / no limit)
With this in console

Last edited:
I got the above error message before, when I tried to import the (ESXi) vmdk disk file.
However I got past the error by doing the following:

1. At least for me, the crucial point seems to be that I had to download the KVM version instead of the ESXi version of OneView. In my case, the file is named HPE_OneView_8.80.00_KVM_Z7550-97741.tar.gz
2. copy the *.tar.gz file to your Proxmox host, for example into the /var/lib/vz/template/iso/ directory
3. extract, you´ll get a *.qcow2 file: HPEOneView-8.80.00-0487836-disk1.qcow2
Bash:
cd /var/lib/vz/template/iso/
tar xzf HPE_OneView_8.80.00_KVM_Z7550-97741.tar.gz
4. create vm (with "112" being a free id):
Code:
qm create 112
5. import disk, for example like this:
Code:
qm disk import 112 HPEOneView-8.80.00-0487836-disk1.qcow2 local-lvm
6. Go back to the gui and activate the imported disk - click on the unused disk you just imported, then click Add
7. add at least one network device (model: VirtIO)
8. adjust other vm attributes if you like. I had to configure 4 cpu sockets and 8GB of RAM at least to make the appliance complete its first run.
9. start vm (OneView) and be patient, setup takes a while. Your vm might reboot several times

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!