qcow2 image with >2TB ???

jagan

Feb 11, 2015
india,chennai
Hi Guys,

Need help, Can't able to add more than 2TB (>2TB) size disk to VM in qcow2 format on WEB GUI.
I am having 4TB disk, connected has Directory model to proxmox host, need to add single 3TB partition to windows VM in qcow2 format.

Since i have experienced worst performance with vmdk format compared to RAW & Qcow2, Pls anyone can help me to add 3TB disk in Qcow2 format.

Thanks in Advance...

works here without problems, what exactly does not work?

i am using proxmox 3.4, In web gui i tried to add 3TB disk in qcow2 format from Directory storage . But i am getting the below error. For RAW format also same error and only VMDK format is accepting.

upload_2018-3-1_18-59-45.png

If you are on PVE 3.4 you are using ext3?
ext3 support max 2TB files.

ext3 limiting the size ? how the VMDK format is allowing to add more than 2TB file.
If i re-attach the disk with ext4, will it accept for both Qcow2 & RAW format.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!