[SOLVED] [Q] Creating backup of LXC container using WebUI (= GUI)

cmonty14

Mar 4, 2014
Hi,how can I create a backup of a LXC container using WebUI (= GUI)?In the task window I need to enter some value in mandatory field "Storage", but the drop-down menu offers no entry.Please check attachment for more details.What am I supposed to enter here?THX

Attachments

• Auswahl_080.png
    Auswahl_080.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
You don't have a storage for VZDump files defined in your configuration. The default for "local" doesn't include this type.

Go to the "Storage" tab and add a storage location for VZDump files.

BTW - there is a idea behind the non-inclusion: If you have your VZDump storage on the same fs mount as your pve workspace, the snapshots won't work as expected.
My approach for single machine configurations: shrink the pve-data part on the LVM and add another part for VZDump files. Don't forget to leave enough free space for snapshots on the LVM partition

Last edited:
hm... unfortunately I don't see any tab "Storage" that allows me to create/add another storage location.

Attachments

• Auswahl_082.png
    Auswahl_082.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 12
you need to click on the "Datacenter" (German: Rechenzentrum)

then you can see the "Storage" configuration tab.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!