PXE boot of guest not working anymore (since 5.0)

ydegauquier

Dec 4, 2015
Hi,
In installed from scratch my server with Proxmox 5.0, in 4.4 I was able to PXEboot my guest.
Since I'm now in 5.0 it does not work anymore.
I had also problem to configure the OVS (my config from 4.4 was not working anymore :-( ).
I can see some other users having network problems.
Anyone have some idea?
Thanks

Doing some Wireshark debug, I discovered that DHCP request are 'Malformed packet' so DHCP is not seeing "option user-class" correctly (should be iPXE) so it did not give the correct info to netboot.

For the record, I'm also dealing with my guests not being able to pxe boot, using iPXE.

could you provide a trace of the client DHCP request, as seen from the DHCP server log , in Pve 4.4 and Pve 5.0

Hi Manu,
If you are replying to my comment, I was able to get this sorted out. Missing option in DHCP for this particular scope.

thanks,
-g

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!