pvestatd: status update time (409 seconds)

Afox

Renowned Member
Dec 18, 2014
Hello,

I have a CIFS share mounted from within Proxmox and lately there are some real issues with the webinterface and Backups to that share.

I suspect that the only related Log message is the following:
mkdir /mnt/pve/CIFS-share: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/DirPlugin.pm line 136

But I´m not sure though.

The symptoms are that all VMs and Storages get a questionmark symbol at the same time. After a few minutes the symbols normalize. But when for example a Backup-cron is running in this time the job gets stuck. It seems to be a cycle because that symptoms repeat.

For any help I am grateful.

Regards,

Afox

Last edited:
A Backup-job gets canceled like so:
pvedaemon: could not activate storage 'CIFS-share': mkdir /mnt/pve/CIFS-share: File exists at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/DirPlugin.pm line 137

Update: The CIFS storage was indeed not reachable/broken. But IMO it is a bug if that breaks the proxmox webinterface.

Reason for this crash is that the CIFS storage runs out of memory and gets killed:
kernel: Out of memory: Killed process (smbd)
kernel: oom_reaper: reaped process (smbd)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!