pveceph configuration not initialized (500)

kengimel

Sep 15, 2013
I have been wondering what this error means ?

pveceph configuration not initialized (500)

And if I am running ceph and still get this error?

We run ceph-fs on the nodes and all our VM's and CT's are stored in ceph storage, but the config in the proxmox gui shows "pveceph configuration not initialized (500)". I guess the question then more specifically becomes: If I installed ceph from ceph-install, not pve-ceph, will proxmox not "know" the ceph configuration? Can I change this without reinstalling ceph?

I am very interested in this issue. I have already setup a Ceph cluster (infernalis) in three separated hosts using standard ceph procedure (ceph-deploy). Is it possible to manage it from Proxmox 4.1? The ceph cluster is reachable from my proxmox cluster (/etc/pve/priv/ceph/mycephcluster.keyring is on place) and some VM disks are running on it. I guess I need to add more config files to /etc/pve to make proxmox aware of the ceph setup. Do you have any help on this?

Thanks.

The ceph cluster is reachable from my proxmox cluster (/etc/pve/priv/ceph/mycephcluster.keyring is on place) and some VM disks are running on it. I guess I need to add more config files to /etc/pve to make proxmox aware of the ceph setup. Do you have any help on this?

Afaik (don't nail me on this, i have never tested this), the proxmox ceph GUI parses a mon sitting on a node inside your proxmox-cluster. So you'd have to install a infernalis based mon on at least one Proxmox-node, connected to your external ceph-cluster

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!