pve5to6 questions

avbuuren

Feb 3, 2020
Hi ,

i'am using three PM nodes with a ceph cluster. ( PM 5.4.13 and CEPH luminous 12.2.12 )

I would like to upgrade PM 5 .x to 6. x and then, upgrade luminous to nautilus. I read the upgrade procedure : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_5.x_to_6.0

When i run the pve5to6 script, i have ceph warning ( as you can see on the image) . Should i have to correct this warning before upgrade PM5 to 6 or after ( before the nautilus upgrade)

Thank you.

Attachments

• cephcluster.png
    cephcluster.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 16
ok thank you. I upgraded from pve5 to 6 on the first ceph node. Its works but i have an error on the PM interface :
mon_command failed - command not known (500)

I think its normal because i'am in migration procedure, luminous cannot work with pve6 isn't it ?

Can I upgrade my 2 last nodes without consequences on my cluster work?

Thank you.

I think its normal because i'am in migration procedure, luminous cannot work with pve6 isn't it ?
First you upgrade all nodes to PVE6 and then Ceph. There are Ceph Luminous packages for PVE6.

Can I upgrade my 2 last nodes without consequences on my cluster work?
The cluster should be in a healthy state before upgrading.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!