PVE4.2 Intel 82576 NIC issue | HP SL2x170z G6

CharlieUK

Aug 11, 2016
Hi All,

Having issues at the moment with the on board NIC (Intel 82576 dual port gigabit), the interface assigned to vmbr0 goes into promiscuous mode at boot and I am unable to get network connectivity.

I've tried swapping this over to the interface, same issue.

So I thought this might be a driver issue, found the driver on intel's website (Link). Poped it on a flash drive, mounted and transferred it over. Discovered that the tools I needed were not installed to compile this - time for the old laptop to shine, HDD in old laptop and installed build-essential autoconf automake autotools-dev dh-make debhelper devscripts fakeroot file lintian patch patchutils pbuilder quilt dkms.

Ran make install inside of igb-5.3.5.3/src and got kernel headers missing, so I installed them (4.4.6-1-pve)

Ran make install again and the following error came up: Makefile:283: recipe for target 'default' failed - this leads me to believe igb-5.3.5.3 does not support the kernel version.

Has anyone had any luck getting this NIC to work with proxmox? Are my attempts futile?

Thanks for reading and look forward to hearing from the community.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!