pve-zsync

INFOLOGEEK

Jan 15, 2019
Madinina
Hello,

I have some questions about pve-zsync for my peace of mind.

- If I have a break in the link between two nodes in full sync and a network resume several hours later.
- If the source node restart in full sync.
- If the destination node restart in full sync.

Regards

Hi,

if the link breaks it depends on the timeout od the ssh.
If the timeout is long enough, synchronization will continue.
When the sync un in a timeout you have to start over. The dataset on the destination will be removed automatically if the sync was unsuccessful.

- If the source node restart in full sync.
- If the destination node restart in full sync.
It will fail because the dataset already exists.

Hi
If I understand correctly, if the link is broken in full synchronization, we start again from the beginning.
Does pve-zsync do it or do you have to do it manually?
There is no way to remove the failed snapshot from the destination and resynchronize from the good snapshot of the source, you would need a snapshot counter ...
I also read that you can resume by retrieving a token from the destination ... Thanks for the answer

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!