pve-zsync verbose error description?

Oct 4, 2019
When running "pve-zsync list" i get STATE:error on my filestore volume "spool/ftp".
I have googled a lot and searched the forums, but have not been able to find any way to get pve-zsync to give me verbose information and/or error descriptions.
"--verbose" doesn't seem to do anything for the "pve-zsync list" command.

Nor have I been able to find a log file for pve-zsync with verbose information.

Can somebody shed some light?

Hi,
you should get an error notification/mail from the cron daemon about the failed job with an error message. I'm afraid, we don't save the error or log anywhere else.

You could also try to manually try to run the job, to see if there's still an error.

Thanks! I had a LOT of mails from the cron daemon on pve-zsync and one of them stated:
----------------------------------
COMMAND:
zfs send -- spool/ftp@rep_ftp-24h_2022-09-21_03:00:01 | ssh -o 'BatchMode=yes' root@192.168.5.2 -- zfs recv -F -- spool/ftp
GET ERROR:
cannot receive new filesystem stream: out of space

Job --source spool/ftp --name ftp-24h got an ERROR!!!
ERROR Message:
---------------------------------
Which was puzzling, since the delta between the two filesystems should not be more than a few gigabytes at maximum and I have over a terabyte free. But then I realized that the snapshots on the sender side hade been somewhat jumbled when I migrated that filesystem to new drives a few days back; which probably prevents pve-zsync from determining the correct delta.

I'll setup a new sync job and do it from the beginning again I guess.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!