[SOLVED] pve-zsync and snapshot backups on zfs

dik23

Apr 3, 2011
If I have pve-zsync running every 15 minutes using, for example, --maxsnap 2 and take a snapshot backup that takes 6 hours will the snapshot created by the backup interfere with the removal of pve-zsync snapshots? Do I need to pve-zsync disable in this situation?

No, it will not interfere.
Anyway, you create only zfs snapshots if you use LXC.
Qemu does not create any snapshots in snapshot mode.

Thanks for getting back

Is this true for a zvol on both sides of pve-zsync? ie Can I also take a snapshot of the receive side without the pve-zsync snapshots clashing?

Can I also take a snapshot of the receive side without the pve-zsync snapshots clashing?
You can do but it will delete after sync. Because all on the source side this snapshot is not existing.

Reactions: dik23

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!