PVE Web GUI Locks-Up After TrueNAS iSCSI Change

GraceAboundz

Oct 5, 2020
Hello,

I've been using TrueNAS (previously FreeNAS) to serve iSCSI storage for my PVE VMs to use. It seems that whenever I make a configuration change in TrueNAS to anything related to iSCSI (eg remove, add, or change size of an extent), even if it's a change that is not related to an extent connected to PVE, the Proxmox web GUI goes gray and has question marks on all of the VMs and storages that are listed, and I'm unable to view or manage anything.

However, the VMs all stay functional. I can still SSH and RDP into them. In fact, I am still even able to SSH into the PVE node. But, the only way I know how to get back into the web interface for management is to reboot the PVE host. Then everything is back to normal.

Any ideas of what might be causing this? Anyone else experience this? I don't believe this issue started happening to me until I upgraded to PVE 6.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!