pve-root nearly full

Hmmmm - I'm not sure ozgurerdogan. If you think the space is being used up by unsuccessful backups, perhaps you can run:

find -name "*.tar.dat"

from / to find the partial backups. I have found that when a backup is unsuccessful and has to be stopped it leaves .tar.dat files and a corresponding .tmp folder (e.g. vzdump-qemu-100-2014_10_09-02_00_02.tar.dat).

Maybe that helps - not sure. I'm still not a guru so the help I can provide will be limited.

Hang in there - you'll get it figured out. :)

Last edited:
I did that my friend also. It only find completed backup files. I need to list all hidden or maybe if there is corruped files/folders. I tried ls -a command. I am stucked. But this is logically not true is it ?

I'm really grasping at straws because I'm still finding my way with LInux but, what happens if you run this:

find / -type f -size +20000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk '{ print $9 ": " $5 }'

Does that reveal anything interesting?

I'm really grasping at straws because I'm still finding my way with LInux but, what happens if you run this:

find / -type f -size +20000k -exec ls -lh {} \; | awk '{ print $9 ": " $5 }'

Does that reveal anything interesting?

Nothing interesting. Only known files, no suprise. But I do not want to visit datacenter and reinstall proxmox. There must be a way :)

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!