PVE Proxy only Listens to ipv6

Dec 24, 2022
I would like to know how to configure listen addresses for pveproxy and proxmox backup proxy... I know ipv6 is the next big thing and i should use it but I don't. When disabling ipv6 through systemd or grub the proxy no longer works. I can ssh but the web Gui doesn't load until i re-enable ipv6. port 8006 for PVE and 8007 for Proxmox Backup. I have looked in /etc/default on both of my nodes and there is no file or folder named pveproxy. Also no file or folder named proxy on my backup machine. As Open Source as Proxmox is i Know there has to be a way to configure listen addresses. Please someone help me. I sleep better at night knowing that ipv6 is disabled. Not to mention i run saricata intrusion detection on my opnsense router and get alerts non stop about my proxmox hosts being out of ban since they are still advertising ipv6 addresses. Again all i want to do is simply set listen address to 0.0.0.0 instead of :: netstat -tunlp shows pve port 8006 only listens on tcp6 and proxmox backup shows port 8007 only listens on tcp6 as well.

At least help me understand where these values are set. Most documentation says it is under /etc/default but I see no trace of proxy settings in this directory.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!