PVE on Upboard

cloudguy

Renowned Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Got a few Upboards (Atom and Pentium N4200) SBCs. They're pretty neat, one is the form factor of a RPI2/3 has 4G RAM and 64G eMMC storage, the other has a Pentium N4200 Quadcore, 8G RAM and 64G eMMC.

I'm planning to run Proxmox and virtualize some IoT type workloads.

Installing on the Atom-version of the UPboard, seems like Proxmox doesn't support eMMCs. Getting an error on reading partition while installing. I suspect installing to external media (like USB Flashdrive) will work.

On the N4200 board, which I was really hoping to get working, having an issue with getting the installer to boot. Trying to isolate firmware / EFI vs. PVE Kernel support issues. Doe PVE Kernel currently support Pentium N4200? I'm trying this with the 5.0 ISO.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!